This notice describes how OnlineOrNot collects and uses data about you.
- How does OnlineOrNot collect data about me?
- What data does OnlineOrNot collect about me, and why?
- Where does OnlineOrNot keep data about me?
- Does OnlineOrNot comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation?
- How can I access data about me?
- How can I change or erase data about me?
- Does OnlineOrNot share data about me with others?
- Who can I contact about OnlineOrNot and my privacy?
- Does OnlineOrNot make automated decisions based on data about me?
- How can I find out about changes?
OnlineOrNot is owned by Max Rozen, based in Toulouse - France. (referred to as "I", "Me", "Our" or "We"). As a customer of this service you're a "User" or "You" according to this policy. The applications or any services offered by us will be referred to as "OnlineOrNot", "App", "Website" or "Service".
How does OnlineOrNot collect data about me?
OnlineOrNot collects data about you:
- when you browse the OnlineOrNot website, onlineornot.com
- when you create an OnlineOrNot account or update your account
- when you send support, privacy, legal, and other requests to us
- when working with and researching current and potential customers
When researching potential customers, we sometimes search the public World Wide Web. Otherwise, we don't buy or receive data about you from data brokers or other private services.
What data does OnlineOrNot collect about me, and why?
OnlineOrNot collects API-based data.
When you add pages to test on the OnlineOrNot application, OnlineOrNot stores them on OnlineOrNot servers. The data is associated with your OnlineOrNot account. When the data is stored in the OnlineOrNot server, OnlineOrNot encrypts it in transit and at rest so that other people including the server administrators can not see the contents of the data. The OnlineOrNot servers use the data to provide monitoring services.
OnlineOrNot collects data about how you use the OnlineOrNot service.
When you use the OnlineOrNot client apps, the OnlineOrNot website, OnlineOrNot logs data that might be identified to you:
- a random, unique identifier
- the version of the OnlineOrNot app, and the operating system you are using
- network request data, such as the date and time, your IP address, and the URL
- number of monitors, results and the total data size of them
OnlineOrNot uses this data to:
- keep our service working quickly and reliably
- debug and develop our apps and website
- defend OnlineOrNot service from abuse and technical attacks
- improve search results on the website
- improve usability of our apps
OnlineOrNot usually deletes log entries with identifiable information within a few weeks, but may preserve logs longer, as needed in specific cases, such as investigations of specific incidents.
OnlineOrNot collects data about how you use the website.
- your IP address
- your preferred language
- the web browser software you use
- the kind of computer you use
- the website that referred you
OnlineOrNot uses data about how you use the website to:
- optimize the website, so that it's quick and easy to use
- diagnose and debug technical errors
- defend the website from abuse and technical attacks
- compile statistics on visitor searches and needs, to guide development of new website pages and functionality
- decide who to contact about about product announcements, service changes, and new features
OnlineOrNot may preserve log entries for all kinds of visitors longer, as needed in specific cases, such as for the investigation of specific incidents. OnlineOrNot stores aggregate statistics indefinitely, but those statistics don't include data identifiable to you personally.
OnlineOrNot collects account data.
Basically OnlineOrNot services require an OnlineOrNot account. For example, you must have an OnlineOrNot account to use the OnlineOrNot web app.
To create an OnlineOrNot account, OnlineOrNot requires a working email address. OnlineOrNot uses this data to provide you access to features and identify you across OnlineOrNot service, publicly and within OnlineOrNot.
You do not have to give your personal or legal name to create an OnlineOrNot account. You can use a pseudonym instead. You can also open more than one account.
You don't have to give OnlineOrNot a personal name or any social media names, and you can erase this data at any time.
OnlineOrNot uses your email to:
- confirm if your email address is correct to sign you up
- notify you that your payment has failed
- notify you that your account's plan has been deactivated due to payment failure
- notify you about your annual subscription renewal 3 days before
- contact you in special circumstances related to your account
- contact you about support requests
- contact you about legal requests
- announce new OnlineOrNot product offerings, service changes, and features
OnlineOrNot stores account data as long as the account stays open.
OnlineOrNot collects payment card data.
To continue using OnlineOrNot service after exceeding free-tier limitations, OnlineOrNot requires your payment card data. OnlineOrNot itself does not collect or store enough information to charge your card itself. Rather, Stripe collects that data on OnlineOrNot's behalf, and gives OnlineOrNot security tokens that allow OnlineOrNot to create charges and subscriptions. Stripe meets the highest level of PCI compliance (Level 1). See more on their Security page.
OnlineOrNot uses your payment card data only to charge for OnlineOrNot service.
OnlineOrNot instructs Stripe to store your payment card data only as long as you use paid OnlineOrNot service.
OnlineOrNot collects data about correspondence.
OnlineOrNot collects data about you when you send OnlineOrNot support requests, legal complaints, privacy inquiries, and business inquiries. Those data usually include your name and email address, and may include your company or other affiliation.
OnlineOrNot uses contact data to:
- respond to you
- compile aggregate statistics about correspondence
- train support staff and other OnlineOrNot personnel
- review the performance of OnlineOrNot personnel who respond
- defend OnlineOrNot from legal claims
OnlineOrNot stores correspondence as long as it may be useful for these purposes.
Where does OnlineOrNot keep data about me?
Data is kept on servers in the United States of America. I sometimes retrieve the data on my personal computers in France. I use the data to develop, debug and maintain the service. The data is erased from my computers when no longer needed.
Does OnlineOrNot comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation?
OnlineOrNot respects privacy rights under Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Information that GDPR requires OnlineOrNot to give can be found throughout these privacy questions and answers. As can information about specific rights, such as access, rectification, erasure, data portability, and objection to automated decision-making.
GDPR does not apply to everyone worldwide. But OnlineOrNot's policy is to do its best to offer all users the same privacy information, control, and protections, whether GDPR applies to them or not.
How can I access data about me?
You can access your account data at any time by visiting your account page on onlineornot.com.
How can I change or erase data about me?
You can change your account data and payment card data at any time by visiting your account settings page on onlineornot.com.
You can close your OnlineOrNot account at any time through onlineornot.com. Closing your account starts a process of erasing OnlineOrNot's records of your account data including Monitors and Results.
If you have questions or problems using the website to change or delete data about you, email email@example.com.
Does OnlineOrNot share data about me with others?
OnlineOrNot shares account data with others as mentioned in the section about account data.
OnlineOrNot does not sell information about you to others. However, OnlineOrNot uses services provided by other companies to provide OnlineOrNot service. Some of those services may collect data about you independently, for their own purposes. All of the companies are based in the United States.
Some of these services may be used to collect information about your online activities across different websites.
OnlineOrNot uses Plausible Analytics.
OnlineOrNot uses cloud computing platforms.
OnlineOrNot uses Stripe.
Does OnlineOrNot make automated decisions based on data about me?
No. OnlineOrNot does not use your data for personalization or retargeting purposes.
Who can I contact about OnlineOrNot and my privacy?
You can send questions or complaints to:
- Max Rozen
- 5 Rue de Rumilly
- 74000 Annecy, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
How can I find out about changes?